Front Cover Transmission Gasket

I'm in the process of replacing front and rear seals on the 4-speed transmission in my 1976 710. I can't seem to find the gasket for the front cover and wonder if that gasket is common on all  L20B manual transmissions (which I would expect). Anybody know if the part number is the same? Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Randalla said:

I'm in the process of replacing front and rear seals on the 4-speed transmission in my 1976 710. I can't seem to find the gasket for the front cover and wonder if that gasket is common on all  L20B manual transmissions (which I would expect). Anybody know if the part number is the same? Thanks!

Yes it is common...  should be easy to find.... I'm assuming you are talking about the 71b transmission..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201349572313?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=DzWCZ5ZUSGi&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=2B08jY5FRkS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Got to dollah store and get a round hole punch.

Acme United ACM00588 One Hole Punch

Get the thinnest gasket paper there is or what matches the old one and a pair of scissors. Trace it out and cut. Hole punch to get scissors  started on large holes and just nibble out the bolt holes.

trr7KJG.jpg

Welcome to vintage car ownership. If you can't buy it, it's no longer made (NLA no longer available) not in the wrecking yards and nothing can be substituted, the last thing is you make one. 

• Like 1