AC accumulator styles

On my 70 the accumulator appears to be a flare  type fitting.  The other two trucks I have are the o-ring type.  I need to get the pipe that goes from the accumulator to the firewall with the fill nipple on it.  Has anyone had the same problem?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have not but I may have a solution...

Are you trying to stay original or just keep the ac working....

A hydraulic shop can make a replacement line with something like this in the middle....

Screenshot_20230502-140355_eBay.thumb.jpg.32582d3b0ee9e8950d7fe9a838d07279.jpg

Thats just an example,  plenty of other fittings out there with the service port... 

Fyi they dont link to crimp someone else's fittings... best to bring the old pipe down and see if the can replicate.... worse case they can make a line with -an fittings and a service port and you could use an adapter to the flare.....

• Like 1

I would like to keep it original  if I can.  I wonder if anyone out there has a line with the service port that has flared fittings.  This may be from earlier 720's like maybe an 84 or 83.  My service manual has no detail on the part number or if there were two different ones.

• Like 1