Will I need a new Dash to utilize dash cover?

six2ohyea

I was looking into dash covers ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/224441546160?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=IxR1Dz45RYu&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p_ulooubqq6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY )and was wondering if my base dash is to messed up to fit nicely under a cover? Thoughts? You can see at the glove box it’s pitched. Anyone ever use a cover? IMG_6873.jpgIMG_6874.jpgIMG_6893.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used a covers on a 510 dash that was far worse than that. They don't wrap around the front, but it would hide most of the damage. If your looking for perfection, find a dash in better condition and forget the cover. Not a hard job to replace it, but way more expensive. You might find someone here parting out a 620.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 9:53 AM, paradime said:

I've used a covers on a 510 dash that was far worse than that. They don't wrap around the front, but it would hide most of the damage. If your looking for perfection, find a dash in better condition and forget the cover. Not a hard job to replace it, but way more expensive. You might find someone here parting out a 620.

Question: did you repair the dash before installing the cover? 

No, but I did move it more forward and curled it a bit to better hide the cracks up front. The cover I had was fairly rigid so it smoother out the unevenness on the top surface.It was a huge improvement. If you have any curled edges on the cracks I would trim them off first.