240 /280 doors

sirchopz

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but most parts & hardware changed for 1977-1978 (of course, the 79-83 ZX was different).  The outer door "skin" was the same 70-78, but the inner shell changed 77-78.  Most of the parts were different for the 1974-1976 2+2, but some of the hardware is likely the same.  The basic door shell was the same 70-76, but the inner "crash beam" increased in size, starting in 1973.  There were two changes with the window regulators in that span...........70-72 240Z vs 73-76 240Z/260Z/280Z.  We recently discovered there were at least two different stainless door glass frames..............the mounting brackets changes by a small amount, thus if you use the incorrect frame, things do not line up.   Now that I typed this, I wonder if the window regulators & stainless frames changed along with the introduction of the larger inner "crash beams", perhaps to "shift" components to clear the larger beams??  As far as I know, you can bolt any 70-76 door on, as a complete assembly.  Hope that helps!  

• Thanks 1