Vq30de and mt142k swap into a 1978 b210

josephrfoster2

So I'll probably catch hate for wanting to do this but I want to swap a different engine into my '78 210 because the 4 cylinder I pulled out of it is old and hydro-locked and I drained the oil and it was full of dark thick oil like chocolate syrup and coolant in it. I want to do this swap because I'm not that much of a purist when it comes to what engine is in your car but I just wanted something small-ish and a little more modern. So I was reading through an old forum on here and some one suggested a vq30de and the manual mt142k 6 speed trans out of a 350z, and I researched it a little bit and realized that's not that bad of an idea because it makes okay power for what I'm gonna be putting it in and its an all aluminum block so its a bit bigger being a v6 but is still relatively light. But in my research I haven't found anyone else who has really done this and I mean there are probably people out there who have i just cant find them. So the problem I'm running into is that I don't know how I'm going to connect the engine and transmission together because I cant really find an exact adapter plate for the engine and trans i picked out, I mean I guess I can try to contact a custom machine shop to cnc me one but id like for that to be the last choice available because i have a tight budget for this swap. Another problem I'm having is how am I going to take the vq30de that I plan on getting out of 1995 to 1998 Nissan Maxima (so I don't have to worry about the immobilizer system) and to convert to rwd and fit in the car. I know I'm gonna end up needing to do some custom fab work but I'm hopeful it wont be much. And I know I could just get the vq35 because its the same engine just bored out to a 3.5l and its already rwd which would be easier but I don't have that much money to spend on this swap and I need to save money where I can, and it might be more time consuming but that's not an issue for me. Another issue is that all of the lines and hoses are rotted and I need to get a new wiring harness to go with the vq30 and I already have a remanufactured wire harness for because when I had gotten the previous guy was going to replace the oem wires with better newer ones so he pulled of of the wires out but never put the new ones back in so I was wondering if there was a company that could give me a full new wiring harness to link the together or link the one I already have to the motor harness. And same problem with the hoses in the engine bay is there a company that makes a full new set of hoses I can just throw on.

If you guys have any ideas on how to fix my problems or where I should look let me know, or if you have any ideas on a different swap setup I could go with.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic