TracK Time Time Trial Video

Tom1200

Last Saturday we did a track day time trial at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

I'm still on the poor cooked Hoosiers but the car was almost 3 seconds a lap faster than it was the last time we had a timed event there. I've done a number of suspension upgrades since that time. Best Lap was a 1:53.641; hilariously I was in the unlimited under 2 liter class. SCCA TT is set up with street cars in mind so my prepared vintage race car doesn't fit in the rule set well.

The on track action starts at minutes 6. My fastest lap was lap 5 (it's the one where the C8 and McClaren bomb past down the back straight and into turn 6. My shoulder still gives me trouble hear and there so I end up shuffle steering........which I don't like.

As always the little Datsun was great fun to flog..............it was a good start to my 34th year of racing the car and fast approaching 40 years of ownership.

• Like 4
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. As I said it is so much fun to drive.  Despite the fact that my formula car is hugely faster I still love driving the 1200.

I've got some upgrades I'll be doing later this year which should eek out a few more seconds per lap. 

Edited by Tom1200
  • Like 1