Grease Fittings- 1977 620KC

Randalla

In the process of rebuilding my steering and front suspension.  Curious to know what the thread pitch is on the grease fittings, and how many there are. I quickly counted 7, but wondering if I may have missed a few. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

King pin truck.....

Each knuckle has an upper and lower grease nipple. (4) The lower link fulcrum pin has plugs on each end that are removed and a grease fitting is installed for greasing, then the plug is put back on.(4) There are 6 steering ball joints that may have grease fittings. The good ones do. (6) So... 14 at least

I run into this question a lot. Thread pitch? I have no freakin idea, but I do remove old zerk fittings from parts I replaced before I throw those old parts away, so I have a good stash.

Any auto parts store will have bubble wrap packages of zerks, and they're only a couple bucks, so buy a couple packs and get what you need. Put the rest in a bin for when you need them ten years from now.