L20b oil filter housing

gm510

hi all, i’ve rebuilt an L20b for my 510, the block is i think originally from an Australian Bluebird which most of you would know as a 910 i’m pretty sure. where the oil filter goes is different from the L16’s and other L20b blocks i have, looks like it needs a separate bolt on housing that the filter screws onto, never seen this before, can anyone enlighten me as to what this might be called and where to get it from (in australia) 

1E73142C-BD82-4E50-A8F4-057BC4C5D791.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Later blocks of the '80s had the 4 bolt holes for a fitting so the oil filter could be angled down beside the block, also some had provision for oil cooler connections. Filter screws right on but possibly the shorter L16 threaded fitting may need to swapped on. The last year ('80 720) we had the L20B that flange was added to the block and it was on the Z and KA series after that.

I have a 280zx turbo fitting for an oil cooler with the 4 bolt holes and the '81 and up Maxima with L24 has this.

• Like 1