Wiring Issues Battery Terminal

CharlieMurphy

Hello everybody!

Where do these 2 go? The red and green lined ones.
3rd pic, do they both go on positive terminal or black on negative terminal red on positive terminal?  I've downloaded a wiring diagram and it doesn't make any sense.  Just finally came around to fixing this but now I'm stuck.  It will turn over but I do have to bump start it sometimes.  Doesn't feel like the fuel is being shut off as it still keeps trying to run when I turn it off.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

wire.png.a07b26ab2dffeaebda0847fafaf917f0.pngwire1.png.8d7f592985678cbebd5fd4778173611d.pngwire2.png.19befbafa1a191ad0dbaebd23d09a2ba.png 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wire2.png.19befbafa1a191ad0dbaebd23d09a2ba.png

The White the White/Black stripe and the red go to fusible links Black, Green, Green in that order. Obviously someone has crimped a terminal lug on the end.

The three Brownish wires I have no idea. Not factory. Maybe goes to stereo? CB?

Correction, I do know. They are speciffic to California emissions trucks and the Brown wires are fusible links for the ECC (electronic controlled carburetor) Leave disconnected.

The ECC carburetor has a 6 wire plug you have 2 wire plug. Idle cut solenoid and choke heater. 

This is what I am using,the original one.Look's like someone added a 6th wire.Like Mike said,maybe a stereo.I just went out side and check mine out.Here is mine.The thick black wire is connected to the thick white wire connector.The red wire is connected to the white wire with red stripe connector.The other red wire is connected to the white wire with the green stripe connector.The green wire is connected to the red wire connector.The other green wire is connected to the white wire with black stripe connector.I bought 2 fusible links back in 208 when Nissan still had them,got a spare,but the metal piece was not avaiable,I just took it out of the old one.I don't have real good pictures but if you want me too,I can take some tomorrow,it is now dark.vnhdq34.jpgkquPYEv.jpg

24022-10W00__70142.jpg

100_7440.jpg

17 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Correction, I do know. They are speciffic to California emissions trucks and the Brown wires are fusible links for the ECC (electronic controlled carburetor) Leave disconnected.

The ECC carburetor has a 6 wire plug you have 2 wire plug. Idle cut solenoid and choke heater. 

Mike,I live in Georgia and I had the 6 connector.When I put the Weber on,I used the blue and red wire for the power and idle cut off Solenoid.I still have the 6 wire plug there and there is another wire coming from the wire assembly there that two wires connect there.I have it tape off.What is that for.I never had a brown wire.

17 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

When I bought my truck in 85.I had 108,000 miles on it with the stock carb.I bought a repair manual.Then started checking everything out.I looked at the fuse box and notice it had a 30 amp fuse in the number 2 slot.It was the wrong one.So,I put the right one in it.When I went to start it and go somewhere,It would start,then die.So I put the 30 amp fuse back in it and it started and did good.The guy did put a cassette player in it along a alarm and wire it to pull something.We'll,I took the alarm out and junked it and took the radio shack stereo out and junked it too.I put a Kenwood C.D. in it in It .Has been in there for 28years.We'll,I had to find out why that 30 amp fuse was in there.I took it to 2 places,got charged and the 30 amp fuse is still in there.That was 28 years ago.Never had a problem.But It won't run with a 15 amp fuse.So try a 30 amp fuse and see if that helps.

100_9239.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
20 hours ago, datzenmike said:

ok

20 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Hey Charlie.Your second picture,The white wire with the  red stripe going across,next to the fat wire is not showing on mine.The one across your thumb.Someone must of added it.Disconnect that one and see what happens.Mine had the 6 wire prong,it is still there.When I installed the Weber,I use the blue and red wire.Also there is another thick wiring coming out of that cluster,It has at the end where 2 things connect to it,I have it taped off.You can see if on my video.I am in Georgia.I have went thru many of fusible links in 28 years.Mine has always been the way it is.Check your white connectors real good for melting.Not long ago,the red link melted,the white piece.,It was the white wire with the red stripe.It was for the lights. I cut the bad piece off and put a new yellow female fitting in.You should have 5 wires,not 6.I have looked at my FSM Nissan Repair manual and mine is by the book.The green is a little thicker than the red.It looks as your added wires are thicker than the red and green.You can see that wiring hanging down.What is that for Mike.This video is old and a lot has been changed,including the Weber.I have a new dryer and it has been rewired,the two wires that went to it is by the battery,the new wiring is now blue.The 20 amp fuse in the fuse block was melted and no longer is used.JACK rewired it,the metal piece holding the fuse was melted,the fuse kept popping out with the old system.You see the red wire connected to my positive side to my battery now is the way he did it.Not on this video.Here it is...

Why are battery terminals brass?

Image result for brass battery terminal connectors

The battery terminals connectors is made of brass casting, life than ordinary copper battery terminal,functional performance even better. The thickened brass battery terminal connectors clamps are corrosion resistant, conductive properties, easy to wire, has best electrical conductivity to reduce voltage distortion.4.38 at Walmart,not like the ones in the picture.They bend back when you take them off.

4gY4ktv.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins