Jskinny

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/14/2024 at 6:54 PM, datzenmike said:

You may have the shoes on backwards. There are leading and trailing shoes. If one side is on wrong the other side will over power the other. Got pictures of each side?

I don't think that's the case because I put them back on as they were after I had them on backwards the first time (corrected).... but the symptoms are still there so I'll have to double check.

Edited by Jskinny
53 minutes ago, Jskinny said:

Do you know which side that's from, driver/passenger?

Or does it matter? I know the brake cylinders are side specific.

i have no idea what vehicle it came off of honestly, i would assume the blue king cab i used to have and possibly drivers side, but it could've also came off the green long bed (would still assume drivers side)

the adjusters are side specific so they can rotate in the appropriate direction but i don't even know if this one rotates but it has both the clips which is why i said you can cannabolize it if you want. i have at least 6 more adjusters in the shop between 3 trucks

• Like 1

Got it. Yeah I feel bad just using one small piece, but haven't found anywhere to get just the auto adjuster clip. I got a blowtorch and grease that helped loosen up my seized adjuster we could try. 

One of these days I'll have to stop by. I do have a few extra parts laying around i could bring if you want any. Kept everything ive swapped out except the old drums and shoes. 

i got way more parts than i need right now and this specific part doesn't have a vehicle it belongs to anymore so don't feel bad about it. the long bed is mostly complete and actually has a "fresh" brake service done on it including me taking apart the adjusters and anti seizing them, the king cab will probably have a different rear axle put in it and my swb has all around discs. if you can get this one working it can be a backup or use just the clip

and for the unknown future i am mostly on house arrest not including picket duty and running errands

Edited by hobospyder