Boise Idaho '71 521 with a V8 10k

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this truck owned by a Ratsuner or Ratsunite or whatever? It is very cool, more than I can spend. Little surprised the 521 boys were not on this, perhaps one of them will relay, that the truck was analyzed and virtually dissected months ago, when the owner said he "might" be "considering" selling. 

What kind of enthusiast would use f/b and not Ratsun? For $10k it better have disc brakes on the front. Dual master with booster. Substantial tires and rims. New dual exhaust without flowmasters. Power R&P steering. Save us all from king pin front ends.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

What kind of enthusiast would use f/b and not Ratsun? For $10k it better have disc brakes on the front. Dual master with booster. Substantial tires and rims. New dual exhaust without flowmasters. Power R&P steering. Save us all from king pin front ends.

You speak truth, I shamefully overlooked!  But safety and reasonableness skewed your view of the stuffed 521. Brakes...if they haven't been upgraded it is only because the important areas should be addressed first: like why the stereo was not mentioned. I agree quality front tires are a necessity, but second hand or retreads for the back, as they will require replacing often. Exhaust....pshaw, straight pipes are fine (see stereo infra) Power steering by armstrong, the front end will certainly need attention and will be addressed soon, if it doesn't sell right away he might have enough in two or three paychecks (depending on cost of stereo)

For those concerned, I like big unnecessary engines crammed into small vehicles, I am neither in contact nor know the owner of the V8 521  and pulled information regarding it, from my posterior, below belt line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1