1983 Window Regulator

MinuteMilitia

My truck just keeps running better, and I just keep finding things to break!

Need a passenger side window regulator for a manual window. Found an option on ebay, but want to do my due diligence! So:

I put the window all the way down while working on the truck, and it was stuck down. I thought it must have came out of the track, but that was not the problem.

The window will not crank, and is nearly impossible to move up and down by force. Whats going on!? Thanks in advance for the help!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There had been prior increased effort, ever since I bought it it seemed more difficult than driver side, although I didnt often use it.

I should have clarified, my bad. I did take the crank, arm rest, and trim off, thats how I knew it wasnt off track.

I cant see anything atm with just the trim off. Can I remove the inner metal panel which covers it? if so I will do that, just didnt wanna get ahead of myself! Thanks for the help

The inner skin is welded in. The glass can be removed and the regulator and scissors collapsed and with an insane amount of tries pulled out through one of the holes. Unless it's the nylon rollers that ride in a channel. There are also several spots that you can grease 

The ones I'm talking about are nylon wheels that run in a channel. The regulator lift mechanism is a complete assembly and the 'wheels don't have a part number. They may even be 'riveted' or swaged on. I guess pull them off an old truck.

https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/

In June 2021,I put these Nissan Datsun 720 2D 1980-86 Outer Inner Weatherstrip Door Belt Long LH+RH in my 85,the original ones were bad and water was getting into the door,rusting stuff out and window was rattling, I had to repair the inside of the door panels cause of water damage and I got new Nissan door panel clips to hold it on,These fit great,just a little long,I used my dremel tool to cut length down.https://www.ebay.com/itm/133751626037.... Here are the clips I bought,I bought 2 sets of 15. they are better that the originals.Mine roll up and down good.https://www.ebay.com/itm/152165053573?hash=item236dbe7485:g:lNEAAOSwOkxggy4Q

Edited by Thomas Perkins