Distributor confirmation

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of reluctant to click on some unknown download so can't see the picture. There were two (slightly) different distributors for the '70 521. Both were single points.

Can you post any lettering on the side?

One had a 10 digit number 22100-23005? if it's there. Possibly D410-58K?

The other style had three 22100-A5500, 22100-A5501 and 22100-A5502

• Like 1

Thanks datzenmike for your info and sorry for only showing a link to an image.  The picture thing is confusing.  I don't see an upload button for images.  I tried the "URL" upload after putting the photo in a Dropbox account and that didn't work.  I posted the first posting from my iphone.  Now I'm on my mac laptop.  In answer to your question, the side of the distributor reads:

D411-94 and 702.  Is that an original distributor?

It's ok a picture isn't the best way to ID them anyway. You're sure there is no 22100-????? numbers? somewhere in the side of the case???

Convinced this is an L16 distributor. These three.... 22100-A5500, 22100-A5501 and 22100-A5502 all are shown as D41........ and the info runs out of space. It could continue 1-94. Who knows? Space was limited.

file:///Users/toddmccleve/Desktop/image0.jpg

Datzenmike you said "somewhere in the side of the case???" Do you mean the side of the distributor?  The only marking on the sides is that D411-94 and underneath is 702.  I guess that could also be read D411-94702.  The distributor is complete right now so does "side of the case" refer to inside the distributor? On the outside is also a smaller # "130" inside of a circle.  Not sure what that refers to.  Thanks for trying without the picture!

17 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

It's ok a picture isn't the best way to ID them anyway. You're sure there is no 22100-????? numbers? somewhere in the side of the case???

Convinced this is an L16 distributor. These three.... 22100-A5500, 22100-A5501 and 22100-A5502 all are shown as D41........ and the info runs out of space. It could continue 1-94. Who knows? Space was limited.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:46 PM, Thaiyoon said:

file:///Users/toddmccleve/Desktop/image0.jpg

Datzenmike you said "somewhere in the side of the case???" Do you mean the side of the distributor?  The only marking on the sides is that D411-94 and underneath is 702.  I guess that could also be read D411-94702.  The distributor is complete right now so does "side of the case" refer to inside the distributor? On the outside is also a smaller # "130" inside of a circle.  Not sure what that refers to.  Thanks for trying without the picture!

The side of the distributor body.  Most if not all Datsun distributors will have a part # stamped on the side of the distributor.  I have successfully google searched dizzy part #'s, usually showing what that part # fit.

Your #D411-94702 shows to be for a DAtsun A series engine, so we can assume your truck has the earlier A series engine & that should be a distributor that will fit!

O is right beside I and I miss keyed. I intended to say ON not IN. On the outside. 

The earlier 520 and the first year L521 in '69 had J13 engines. '70 and up were PL521 with L16 engines.

I checked the J series and most the A series. The A series have a gear on the bottom that is driven directly from the camshaft. You can remove and convert it to work on the L series.

Taihyoon....  Does it have a gear on the bottom?