CL 1200 coupe

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/945180955.html

I went and looked at this and it was way more work than I want. Besides I like the fastbacks and despise automatics.

The bad: It has some nasty rust in the roof (still got the vinyl top and I can just about fit my fist through the hole) and in the rear quarters, front fenders have rust but are saveable, it looks to have had a maco paint job long enough ago for the silver to look like faded black primer. Back seat was gone and front windshield was cracked. I dont know if he still has the backseat or not.

The good: trim was all there, uncracked grill and front bumper with emblems, dash was cracked but instruments were complete and in good shape, rear taillights were in good shape but had overspray on them, chrome bezels had some pitting but not too bad.

It has a lot of hard to find parts and would make a great parts car but it would be a HUGE project restore. Its been up for a week for 500 obo and he doesnt have a title but says he can get one from the prior owner... If somebody wants it they should be able to make a hell of a deal.

Sorry, I didnt take any pics. I told him about this site but ????

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The story goes It was to be his project car and he knows the guy he got it from who had it in his name and he can get a title or a release of interest.

This is good and bad, because most rigs this cheap with a title end up in the parts yard or scrapped. I dont know whether to get excited or cry anymore when I see old jap cars in the yards, sure I get the parts but theres one less on the road.

It IS a 2 dr sedan, kind of like mosaimbf's green one and JDM one from JCCS . It is NOT a fastback or a 4 dr. Sorry about that I was under the impression that a 2 dr was a coupe regardless. I was looking for a fastback to put an L20/5 speed into, thats how I found this one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.