Carb Problem please Help

72 CnC_WaGon

I recently got a 72 wagon that has been sitting for the past 2 years. when i first tried to start the car the carb flooded like crazy. so i bought a rebuild kit , everything went on fine all i did was change few gaskets and the two valves supplied in the kit oh and adjust the float. And now the problem is that when i move the throttle plates no gas comes out but the bowl does have gas in it (the bowl transparent) and the float is perfect. can someone please help me and maybe point me in the right direction on how to fix the problem (L16 stock carb )

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible that the gas evaporated over the last two years and left a thick film of varnish inside the small openings and orifices inside the carb. I'm wondering if you disassembled and cleaned everything. Just replacing gaskets might not be enough. The kit should have provided a new accelerator pump. If it's not working perhaps the tiny ball bearing in the bottom is stuck and not letting gas in.

I had a nice looking Z24 carb I acquired and saved. But when I opened it up it looked like the inside had been rinsed with varnish and let dry. It was a clear yellow thick coating. Wasn't worth the trouble. Perhaps soaking in carb cleaner would have worked.

and sent my carb to Recarbco for a rebuild, they have equipment to test carb and adjust everything PLUS you get a one year Warranty. I had a bad "O" ring which they replaced for free.

Make sure you replace the gas filter before you put your "dry" carb back on. There is a large flow of gas into carb and you want to make sure all that gas is as clean as possible.

Here is the link.

http://recarbco.com/

From their website

Our carburetor and throttle body rebuilding includes:

Engine testing on a live, running engine

Wet flow bench testing

Machining

One day service

Smog testing

Rebushing

Resurfacing

One year warranty

thanks guys . i found another carb inside the car ill you guys know what happens w3hen i try that one out. i checked the ball bearing and it was ok i replaced with the new one and i cleaned out everything i could. i thinking about getting a weber. do you guys know where i can get one for a good price money is tight right now. thanks again for all the help