Price Opinions Needed

This is NOT an offer for sale

Been out of the "scene" for a while and have no idea where parts values are nowadays. And it seems the 'vid has made all things expensive ....

Wondering what other members have seen, what I've seing on FB ranges from suspiciously low to outright ridiculous but I'm surprised more often than not.

And certainly depends on the location. But I havent seen these come up for years; What is market value for complete Z22 engines, long blocks, short blocks from Truck or 200SX?  5 speeds from same?  What about Z20E ? 

No wrong answers, opinions or actual asking prices welcome

If you could post when and where that was for context that would be great

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it Cam????

Z22s bored to 89mm and the rods fitted with stock KA24E pistons and an open chamber L20B head makes a nice 2.3 stroker and just over 10 compression engine. Or Z24 pistons for around 8.5

Z20E have the 6" long rods and flattop pistons. It also has the same fully counter weighted L20B crankshaft for smooth high revving. Used with an L20B head makes it an 8.8 compression engine. 

5 speeds...

Z20E is a mid ratio 71B with a 3.321 first gear

Z22 is a wide ratio 71B with a 3.592 first gear. (used with a 3.545 differential)

For use with an L series you will need to swap an L series front case onto it. Can do this with a 12 mm ratchet and  small screwdriver for the snap ring.

Yes it is me..

Matt I agree there are other engines that might make more sense for a swap... especially as so many newer Technology choices are now available 

But those I mentioned were saved because of the reasons Mike mentioned and aren't all that plentiful anymore 

If someone wanted them it would be because they were building a "Frankenmotor"

KA 12 valve heads also fit on those blocks. And that combination is the basis for many serious competition engines.

Edited by The Stig
Correction

Do you still have the '82-'83 200sx axle???

Yup the KA-E heads do fit if you fill one of the oil drain back holes. I hammered a piece of aluminum into the hole and filled with JB. The KA combustion chambers are a bit large because of the 2.4 displacement so I milled 1mm off and decked the 2.2 block as well.

OCI7ZF7.jpg

Nope no 200SX Axles. I didn't get any of the car with one of the motors. The Z22's are all from trucks. I do have a few of those axles, no LSDs

I did have an S110 waaaaay back and it was "only" a H165 so I didn't keep it when I parted it, everyone I knew had a H190 or IRS in whatever they were building.

I still have the 2.0 crank, rods and pistons from that one.