1984 Datsun 720 carburetor gas filter

Isait

I have a 1984 datsun 720 and the carburetor gas filter was clogged so took it apart but broke it and can’t find replacement and now carb is leaking gas now. Does anyone have a suggestion or know where to buy this extremely small filter? Can’t find at any local car shops 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I can come up with is one from another carburetor. Plastic? later ones were and early were a fine brass screen.

You could try Nissan Dealer or an on line Nissan parts. The part number is 16098-H7201. Maybe NAPA or some other auto parts store can cross reference this number.

Found one over seas that is 16.98 but shipping is 40 bucks.Will keep looking,like Mike said Nissan no longer has them.I've looked at rebuild kits but seen no filters with them.I have a friend that sells used Nissan 720 parts,I will ask him.He goes to junk Yards up near Atlanta and strips all the 720 's down.What i just did was I sent him a message to see about a filter,also I went to some sites on Ebay that are selling used 83-84 carbs and asked if they got a fuel filter.You can also go to Ebay and find people selling 720 carbs and click on contact seller and ask them.When Nissan had them,they were 11.29. it says they are for 82 and on..

Edited by Thomas Perkins
not right

I got some replies and no one wants to part with the fuel filter.It's not something that someone will take out and resell.I will keep looking.Rebuild kits don't have them,just like the Weber rebuild kits.They are sold separate.Maybe someone on this site that put a Weber in and still has their old stock Carb.Mine is no telling where.Just found another site over seas.Part is 7.87 and shipping is 18.71 for a total of 26.58. Here it is.https://www.amayama.com/en/part/nissan/16098h7201 Also found this too.https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.amayama.com

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1