Need to borrow a set of 510 rear control arms

I need to "borrow" a set of 510 sedan rear control arms in good condition with drum brake backing plates, also in good condition. Why you ask? I plan to strip them down and have them powder coated. Then, install new bearings, seals, 411 15/16" wheel cylinders, Porterfield R4S brake shoes and new Brembo aluminum drums. Once they are all built up, I'll swap them into my dime. At that point, I'll give the lender my rear control arms. They are in fine condition. The bearings make zero noise. I would just prefer to not have to take my car off the road while I wait for them to come back from powder coating.

I'm in the Portland, OR area.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to strip them down and have them powder coated. Then, install new bearings, seals, 411 15/16" wheel cylinders, Porterfield R4S brake shoes and new Brembo aluminum drums...

Gee, this info seems familiar somehow.... :rolleyes:

Gee, this info seems familiar somehow.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the information Pete! I bought a set from the ebay seller you pointed me to.

[rant]They are soaking me bad on the shipping - even after I asked if they combine shipping... Won't buy from them again. Won't recommend them. Happy to find the parts I need. We shall see how they are when I get them.[/rant]

Again, thanks!!

I can't get him to return an email after the first one, prior to the sale, where he said he would combine shipping. I got an invoice for $32 for (2) wheel cylinders, 2 small bushings and a cable. That is highway robbery. I'll pay it if I must, but I won't buy from him again.

USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail has 3 box sizes for just over $6 shipping cost. No weight restriction, just don't rip the box. Your stuff would have easily fit into any of the 3 sizes the Post Office offers. Anyone buying from a buyer in the US should request Flat Rate Priority Mail shipping. Might put an end to the low price, so low commission bucks to the site, and overblown shipping to cheat the site and buyer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.