1980 510 ignition switch interchangeability

Denhamt1983

I have a 1980 510, and both the keyed part of the ignition switch and the rear electrical part are hopelessly locked up. It looks like the unit for a similar year Z or pickup is visually identical (and also readily available), just wanted to know if anyone knew for sure. Once again, I need the entire unit with the locking collar and everything. Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll get more views in the Classifieds.... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/

The A10 (HL510) shares the steering column lock with the 810, S10 and S110 200sx, 280zx and the 210.

Note: it's not clear to me if this also includes the electrical switch at the back. Possibly.

The switch is shared with the PL510, 1200, S30 Z car, 280zx, 810, Maxima, S10 200sx, 

A good example of interchangeability is the 70-73 510 vs the 71-78 Z car, different factory part #'s!  Because the switches are on opposite sides of the the columns, the repop switches are made for the Z car, but all you do is pull the OFF ACC ON START cover off & flip it 180deg, then it fits the 70-73 510!  The early 1970 switch is the same, but the two wires for the ignition buzzer both have male spade terminals.........the 71-78 has one male, one female spade.  All of the switch assemblies came WITH the electrical switch............if a car had a short wiring harness on the electrical switch (i thought the 210 did.......??), then the switch assembly would have had a different factory part #, even if the lock assembly was the same!  However, I'm pretty sure the angle or something is different for the 79-83 280ZX, so if Mike says that's what you need, the earlier Z car repop switch assembly very well may not fit your 80-510!  Hope that helps a little!