510 Turn signal socket alternative

Labubre

Hi

Looking for a single wire socket for tail lights turn signals.

Got one totally rusted and not sure i will recover it with vinegar/water...try on going.

As this could explain my front/back turn signal issue, looking for replacement part.

On Rockauto, i can find 2 wire socket, but not the single one i need.

Did anybody try the Echlin LS6255 available on NAPA...looks similare but MAPA states that not compatible with my 70 510. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHLS6255?impressionRank=6

Found a great alternative....in Australia. For full info it is NARVA 49826  https://www.narva.com.au/products/49826

Anybody has something to share?

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So your original socket has only one wire?  How does he housing ground?

You can actually disassemble those sockets.  You could put the new metal parts in your existing plastic holder.  That should allow it to work for your car even if they say it doesn't fit.  I've done this before, I believe using some older Honda sockets I had lying around to fix one in a Mitsubishi.  I have another old harness here (I don't recall what from) that looks a lot like the 510 taillight harness. The bulb/socket sizes should be common.

• 2 weeks later...

Here in the States, we have Dorman aftermarket products.  The SINGLE filament socket is part #84808, the DOUBLE filament socket is part #84809.  Only issue I have is I do not know if the JDM sockets are the same as the USA spec.  I can look if the JDM "Deluxe" tail lamps use the same sockets this weekend, as I am buying a Mexican built 510 that has the Deluxe tail lamps.  If the JDM Deluxe ARE the same, I bet the others are too......??  PM me to remind, if you still need info!

TJ