Datsun Cabstar suspension compatability

howe

Hi all,

Does the front hub/suspension setup on my Cabstar F20 seem to match any other Datsun models?

I can't seem to find much info and I'm feeling it'd be easier to obtain parts using more commonly available model names, shipping from overseas etc isn't a big issue. I want to swap over to discs and I'm also interested in what other suspension components are available.

Thank you for any help.

XkkwDYz.jpg

MR4fUc1.jpg

EidJtAt.jpgO6up68d.jpg

mxMgS6Q.jpg

xaDT3ls.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

What year? Put this in your profile also.  F20 would be the second gen.

It does roughly resemble the '78 and up 620 and 720 ball joint front end and steering location, but without the disc brakes.

It's a 1980, I've updated my profile.

If I were able to buy a setup from a 620/720 and pop that on for the disk brakes, that would be ideal.

7 hours ago, howe said:

It's a 1980, I've updated my profile.

If I were able to buy a setup from a 620/720 and pop that on for the disk brakes, that would be ideal.

We have www.rockauto.com here in the states.  Not only is it a good parts source, it is a FANTASTIC part # cross reference source.  In your case, if you have a European car online cataloging similar to our rockauto, you could cross reference the ball joints, shocks etc.  Hopefully they would list your CabStar, which we never got, so it is not listed on rockauto!

You could also get chummy with a Nissan parts person, get them to look up part #'s for your CabStar, then compare to the 78-79 620 & the 80-up 720.  FYI the 73-77 620 had a fulcrum pin front suspension (not ball joint), so completely different.  Good luck!!