200mm aluminum flywheel

so as it seems to have turned out i purchased a 6 bolt 200mm flywheel. id like to get 100 bux for it so i break even. in good shape, even is clean, could use a light machining to get the surface perfect for a new clutch. lemme know ill ship, and its only 10 lbs or so. great for a racer. it somehow fits a 225 clutch disc, but needs the 200mm pp. unless someone has a 200 centerforce df pp i could get.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there's room for a 240mm disc to fit too. The pressure plate that fits the dowels and bolt pattern determines the size it's for. I think the three Nissan PP bolt patterns are different. I know the 225mm and the 240mm are.

Measure across the center of the flywheel from one PP bolt hole to the other. This will tell you if it for a 225mm or a 240mm.

A 225mm PP is 270mm bolt to bolt.

A 240mm PP is 280mm bolt to bolt.

the 225 pp is too big therefore fitting a 200mm!! that why im selling it as 200mm. i just dont have a dang clue as to why the 225 disc fits and the pp dont, theres even a thread on it. i called the po back, he just laughed, and said, yours now!

the holes in the center may be to lighten it even more,

Holes that far in aren't going to help in the lightening process, they aren't far enough out to make a difference. As far as I understand it, those are custom dowel holes. Some cars have them, most don't. NONE of the L motors came that way, but I have seen a couple of custom jobs. Supposedly you make the exact same hole in the flywheel and crank and insert dowels in the crank. This is supposed to add strength to the flywheel mounting so that it is not only held on be the threads of the bolts.

Official Nissan 200mm pressure plate

3100629919_315d3eb734.jpg

This is how I measured it

3100630025_e3feae254f.jpg

The center to center measurement for the mounting holes is 240mm

3100630101_b515cb3a72.jpg

Edited by heirfaus

kk will do some measuring, its gonna smow friday, so my dd 280zx doesnt move. i get to borrow rides, so it may be as late as monday, so hang with me!! if i can ill try and get to my shop sooner to not keep the answer waiting. thanks a mill heirfaus

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.