Aftermarket Tach for a KA24DE

I p/u an Autometer 2300 Tach for the 510/KA24DE swap, I've disassembled it and installed the mechanism behind the stock tach face plate.

The wiring instructions aren't specific about if I can use the No#2 pin tach wire from the ECU and I don't want to blow the new tach by hooking it wrong.

My question, can I use the No#2 pin tach wire from the ECU for the signal or should I try to find the ignition coil Negative wire?  If so, which wire is the Neg. coil wire?

Thanks

IMG_1235 (1024x768).jpg

Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 07-18-21 2650-468X pdf.png

IMG_1234 (1024x768).jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the 620 I pulled the tach signal from out by the coil- I think it was green/black…. But I’ll need to go back and look… just looked at my thread quickly and didn’t see it posted. That was for some JEGS gauges but should be the same as autometer 

Edit —- I did use green and black

Edited by demo243

Thanks demo, I was thinking it might be the Grn/Blk because it goes to the coil, condenser and power transistor.  Just read through about half or your 620/KA build thread and will finish it off tomorrow, great build. Glad to see that I'm not the only one running into these problems.

• Like 1