1978 a14 intake/exhaust manifold torque

zetabird

been doing alittle digging and was just looking for a solid answer, im putting the intake and exhaust back on and need the torque spec and sequence. from what ive read it should be about 10-14 ft/lbs is that right?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the bolts/studs for the L series manifolds as 9-12 ft lbs. These are aluminum heads and will strip easily. Use the lowest number you can.

Don't know if there is a sequence for the A series, the L series does not. I don't think it would matter.

• 2 months later...

another question instead of cloggin it up with a new thread, the fuel inlet fitting on the carb is a bit bent and buggered up from a previous "rebuild". do you know if its a standered pipe thread or is it some type of metric. the shop i work at has boxes of AN fittings and enough scraps of line from the racecars that i can build a whole new fuel system with scraps for free.

Nope its a 90 degree hose barb that had a small meah screen in it but that was smashed when i took it off it looks like pipe thread to me but i dont k ow if japan would have used a diffrent standard  than we did on that