turbo

Roman Tasel

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

talk to fineline, or better yet, SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST!

Dude,quit being a dick just because everyone was one to you when you came around. You were waaaaaaay worse than anyone else you have told to search or not multi post. Sorry, Just sayin.

A turbo on a L series 4 banger is a total custom deal. You have to modify the intake from a 6 cylinder to fit a 4 or find a extra rare JDM FI intake for 4 cyl. You would also need to customize the engine to lower the compression ratio. Its a huge undertaking but not impossible.

Fineline is a member here who is one of the few who have successfully done it. He has a write up on it I am sure. And please excuse dumbshifter he's kinda slow... :lol:

Dude,quit being a dick just because everyone was one to you when you came around. You were waaaaaaay worse than anyone else you have told to search or not multi post. Sorry, Just sayin.

A turbo on a L series 4 banger is a total custom deal. You have to modify the intake from a 6 cylinder to fit a 4 or find a extra rare JDM FI intake for 4 cyl. You would also need to customize the engine to lower the compression ratio. Its a huge undertaking but not impossible.

Fineline is a member here who is one of the few who have successfully done it. He has a write up on it I am sure. And please excuse dumbshifter he's kinda slow... :lol:

im an asshat

Edited by dwnshfter

If you are planning to run a carburetor, you have two choices, draw through, which is carb-turbo-motor. OR blow through, which turbo-carb-motor.

Draw through places the carb before the turbo which sucks air through it and compresses it into the motor.

Blow through places the turbo before the carb. In this set up air is compressed by the turbo and fed into a sealed box around the carb, then through it to the motor.

Advantages:

Draw through. Simpler to make.

Blow through. An inter cooler can be added between turbo and carb to cool the intake charge thus increasing boost with less chance of detonation. Carb is subjected to less direct heat from the turbo.

In either case, you should replace the stock hyperutectic pistons with forged units that can handle the boost. Uncontrolled pre-ignition will fry them in seconds.

Edited by datzenmike

Thank you guys.

is all good, no i have to start editing these post, lol. and i know his is FI, but you still need to read the thread, we ALL need to read it.he knows shit about these things that GOD doesn't know....

No you need to stop being a dick all the posts i have seen you reply to have been rude comments if someone asks a ?? and you dont know the answer just dont post. I know i may be new but i have been working on datsuns a long time and would not be a dick to someone asking a ??? sorry just my 2 cents and if someone asked me something i didnt know i would do a little research and try help them not be an ass

snag 4 of the 280z pistons they are good for turbo. If you decide to go draw through find someone who can weld aluminum and have a 4bbl adapter made for the turbo. Research headers and find one with a thick flange to use as the basis of your turbo manifold. If you have more questions I will try to answer them.