WANTED automatic transmisson datsun 510 1972

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted WORKING... automatic transmission for 1972 datsun 510 if you are selling or know where i can get one plase let me know thanks 510.512.5429:confused:

EDIT^^^^

needs to be floor shift automatic only, Or maybe a good place to get it rebuilt in the bay area for cheap :D

its for a good friend guys you be kind on a price if you have one :cool:

What you are looking for is a short 3N71B automatic. It has to be +- 26.3" long to fit your car.

Possible doners are

'72-'73 510 sedan and wagon.

'72.5-'73 620 truck.

'77-'79 200sx used a short standard so should have a short auto tranny so check length.

'78-'79 HLA10 (new 510) Check length, you will need to use your 5 bolt flex plate but the 'new' torque converter should bolt up OK.

Pretty sure you can install the trans from a column shift car and hook up the linkage from your floor shifter.

Can anyone confirm this?

I happen to have a very nice one for sale. I doubt you will find one in better shape for less money. A rebuild will cost at least double.

Here is a link to the info.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=7772

I think the column shift are only for the Borg Warner 35 trannys with the linkage on the driver's side the 3N71 is on the passenger side. I suppose it could be grafted over if it pulls the right way. Another concern is the 3N71B is downshifted electrically whereas the BW 35 has a cable from the carb.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.