MaXpeedingrods

Hello, I admit that my interest in forged connecting rods is academic; there are other, more critical areas, to focus funds. However, MaXpeedingrods offers "forged" 4340, with some rod sets less than $300. The only problem is I cannot determine, which rod set (if any) would work in a Z24. The following links should connect to the rod sets for Datsuns and Nissans. Is there a rod option workable for Z24?

Thanks

https://www.maxpeedingrods.com/category/datsun-connecting-rods.html

https://www.maxpeedingrods.com/category/nissan-connecting-rods.html

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your links after posting.

Stock Datsun/Nissan rods are forged to begin with so unless these are lighter as well as stronger and you are running nitrous save your money. The weakest point on stock rods are the fasteners.

I don't see any that would work. Look for Z24 rods 165mm long.

The KA24E truck rods are the same length and pin diameter but I have both and the Z24 looks beefier. I would guess the KAs may be lighter? Just so you know the Car KAE uses a floating pin so Z24 pistons won't have the groove cut in them for the snap ring that holds the pin from sliding sideways into the cylinder wall.

NNfehGH.jpg

................................................................................................KA24E........................................................... Z24 rods

OhsNHrk.jpg

• Like 2
On 12/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, datzenmike said:

Thank you for the information, it is appreciated. It seems the Z24 rods are the beefier of the bunch; add to that I already have a set of those rods, and winner, winner, chicken dinner

I haven't sorted a fool proof method for insuring the links stay active, sometimes the links work (and remain in the blue font, and sometimes they don't. Then there is always a chance that I mis remember the proper steps to retain the blue links, as my mind is like a sieve