620 wiper motor for 510??

jesusno2

I grabbed a 620 wiper motor from the junkyard and am wondering if its gonna work the motor is backwards compared to the 510 wiper motor. So I swapped the arms from the motors but which way does the 510 arm sit in the park position.Is it straight up, straight down, or is it clocked at a angle??

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The direction it turns won't mater much as long as it stops in the same position. The arm has to be pointing fully towards the passenger side.

Think of a connecting rod, it doesn't matter which way the crank turns it still moves up and down at the piston end. If you watch the linkages in operation it only moves from side to side.

Edited by datzenmike
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I'm still working on this the motor turns when I plug it in but has no park feature and the 620 wiper motor has a longer shaft so it hits the brace inside the 510 cowl I have the 620 arm so I'm gonna try a little creative spacing and see if it will clear. The park feature is a different story. I dunno how to make it work since the 620 plug and the 510 plug are slightly different not sure what wires do what I only have power to the blue/red stripe wire.