72 2 door dime headliner rod placement

Pozi

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully you have the front & rear glass OUT?  The headliner MUST be properly tucked & glued under the rubber glass seals.  Install headliner, install glass.  If not, the headliner WILL eventually pull out & drop, even if glued!

Headliner bows............

#1 red color code

#2-3-4 no color code, all three same length

#5 blue color code with qty 1 washer on each end...........never really understood why, but ALL cars have them only on #5!

I think 2 or 3 of the holes on the upper headliner rails where the bows stick in have three holes in a triangular shape.  My best guess is that was the Japanese engineers "tolerance", meaning the headliners were NOT perfectly exactly the same, so during installation, they could loosen up or tighten the material, then pull tight & glue on the edges.  I have pulled the bows out of many cars, in different holes in that triangle!

There is a flat steel "hook" right above the rear window............the last bow swings up into it & kinda locks in place.

Do you have all of the OEM C pillar trim pieces?  I do if you need anything! 😎

TJ

I'll be looking for colors when I do the Goon. When I did the 1200 I labeled each one as to which location it came out of.

BTW, I hate headliners. So many little binder clips.

• Like 2