Paint Code for Green PL 510?

BvtnDave

OK, pardon me if I have been unable to find this on my own. It appears there is quite a lot of incomplete information around, and the links I looked at seem a bit conflicted. (Many of the color charts have numbers, but no colors attached, and vice-versa).

What I am hoping the collective knowledge of our forum will determine is: What is the paint code (specific to PPG, if that is even possible?) for my green 1972 PL 510 4-door?

Specifically, this color appears to me - and has been referred to as - "Kelly Green", which is the brighter of several green paint options out there. Note: The Dime in this photo is NOT my car, but the paint color is the same. The 620 below is probably more representative of what the color looks like when shiny and new. Any help will be appreciated.

gallery_159_298_1483044698_33243.jpgdatsun-620-short-bed-fleet-side-pickup-t  

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I'm trying to get a batch of Kelly Green for my 620...this link may help?

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcode_mobilebutts.cgi?year=1973&manuf=Nissan&make=Datsun&model=Datsun&color=Kelly Green&code=940&wtcode=&gmcode=&dtcode=&ditzler=44432&dupont=31019&acme=90835&arco=&rm=&martin=&williams=4342

Let me know where you get it if you do, I need to order some as well...

@Bvtndave

The car you pictured in your original post is my son's 4dr.

The green was what was left from a re-spray by the previous owner and was a little brighter than the stock green color - which is more like the 620 pic you included.

Here is the factory paint code stamped on the core support.

large.357704385_07212018greengo(3).JPG.d

It was under as sticker so should be the original paint.

After a long gestation period, we are working on the car again and plan to paint it factory 021 green.

large.06302019_greengo.JPG.fae43dc8e94f9

Thanks to those responding. It's nice to see the progress on the Dime I used as the basis for my color inquiry. It has come a long way.

The 021 Datsun code looks promising - though the code for the 620 in "Kelly Green" is listed as 940.

More research is in order to get either one from PPG - though their #44432 seems correct. Just want to be sure to do this right.