Stock wheel size on 720/620

EDM620

I recall seeing a question about this on a thread but don't recall which one. So FYI on the 720 (and should also be 620) the original wheel size is: 14x5 rim with 6x5.5" bolt circle. The stock tire should measure about 24.2" diameter x 7.3" width.

With those specs in hand, you can easily play with different tire/wheel combinations to get the look you want. Many GM trucks use that same bolt circle, just double check the center hub for fitment as the rim MUST sit flat on the hub. You can use a spacer to cancel out but then you're also dealing with stud lengths.

Nissan also still uses that bolt circle but the same issues can affect your wheel choice. I'm running 18" factory alloys from an Armada on my 720 but had to either use a spacer or grind off some small nubs on the hubs to get the rims to seat properly. I ended up using spacers PLUS swapping out wheel studs so make it all work the way I wanted. Overall my tire diameter is nearly exactly the same, so no change to the gearing or speedo calibration. The original discs look tiny now.

IMG_4276.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stock tire is a 6:00 x 14 whatever that size translates to today. I think someone posted a picture of a 6:00 x 14 and it was 26". 

The earliest 620 was a 4" wide rim quickly changing to 4.5" sometime in '73 and continuing.

720 rims were

5 x 14

5.5 x 14

5.5 X 15

6 x 14

6 x 15 depending on year, 2 or 4wd and if mag option

• Like 1