'72 510 Side Marker Bulbs

rosso

While we are stuck at home I decided to try and restore my side marker lights on the 510 wagon. So I am going to install new bulbs while I have them apart.

Most application guides say they are #97 bulbs, but I have at least one #67 bulb and all the rest the markings are long gone to corrosion.The physical size is the same and the only difference I can find out is the wattage, 67 is 8w and 97 is 9.3w. I was planning to put in all #97 for a wee bit more brightness and visibility on the sides.

Any reason not to do this?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Daniel, I am definitely planning to paint the interior reflector of the lights. I have to do wire brushing, rust converter, then primer, then final shiny stuff. Just looking now at options for spray paint in a chrome.

I looked at LED but they are a bit more money and I read alot about problems getting them to work. I need simple stuff at this point and not create any possible problems myself.  I am fine with regular bulbs probably the 97 since I think one more watt would be better.  🙃

Edited by rosso