1994 Mitsubishi Montero WMS to WMS

620slodat

Does anybody know the wms to wms on a 1994 Mitsubishi Montero? It appears to be 58", and if so it is close enough to the 720 axle to be able to make it work. I have spent a lot of time the last several days looking on line for this information, but haven't found anything definitive. Also, what type of rear brakes does it have? I have spent a bit of time on Craigslist over the past several days/weeks looking and I haven't found any Isuzu Trooper's or Amigo's or ? of the right years. However I found this Montero, and I think it is a 6 lug wheel. I just need to know for sure the wms measurement. If it is close enough for measurement I might be able to use other parts as well.

Don

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for the reply. The picture is shaded, and the rear wheel is angled away from the viewer, which makes it difficult to see the lug nuts. I enlarged the picture as much as my computer would allow. It is difficult to see them, but it appears to be a 5 lug wheel. Thank you for the heads up. I intend to send an e-mail to the person I've been in contact with asking for clarification on this matter.

Don

• Like 1

I sent an e-mail about the number of lug nuts, and got a reply, and picture, almost immediately. It is definitely a 6 lug wheel! I am tech deficient, but I want to include the picture as soon as I can get my wife or daughter to help me. Now I just need confirmation that the axle is less than 60" wms to wms.

Don

• Like 1

My search yesterday was wrong I do apologize.

According to this the Montero in 1988 & up are 6 lug.  The search I did yesterday was for a 1994 Montero and came back as 5 lug.  Crazy world!

You have to scroll down to get to Montero as the list is alphabetical.

Mitsubishi bolt pattern reference

Be sure of the gear ratio.

Here are the pics I received this morning. My daughter's help with getting them posted was invaluable. Computers, you can't live with them, and you can't live without them. Don't worry about what the computer told you. What is important is that we now know the correct answer, and it is definitive because of the pics.

I'm not worried about the gear ratio. If I get the vehicle I'm intending to use the stock Mitsubishi wheels. They are 235/75/R15, and they are sized for the gear ratio. There are circumstances as to why I need to use a tire that is taller than the stock Datsun tire. I don't have the time right now as it is getting too close to my bedtime. I go to bed when the chickens go to bed and get up when the chickens do.

Don

IMG_20200616_195143_01.jpg.7be93951c47116566feda5cd5022fb6c.jpgIMG_20200616_195150_01.jpg.5a1c230155b100998bef0af3d468603c.jpg

• Like 1