exhaust exit opinions?

datsunfish

well no...but i have a single in single out staggered magnaflow 2 1/2 just sittin around if you want it.

I'd be interested in them if DatsunFish isn't interested. I love magnaflows!

Looks like I caught this thread a little late... I was gonna say exit both pipes behind the driver's side rear wheel next to each other with a slash cut, or slash cut tips ... Don't know how it would sound, but it would look cool! Can't wait to see the pics of what you did though.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I threw on a Borla today. Pretty close to a magnaflow. Its alot better but really low tone. Its hard to find a good sound with these sidedrafts. They can be louder than the exhaust. I also didnt get to finish off the pipe. It wll sound better when I do.

ive got 2 1/2 inch with 44 flowmaster and my god u cant even here the stereo its like goin to a bender concert and after you leave your ears are still ringing need to detune i think or scrap the truck

Go ahead and scrap it you big whiner. I'll take the motor, headlites, horns, exhaust, rims and tires:fu:

O.K...why has no one else said this yet...:blink:

WE NEED PICTURES!!!!:D

I would love to do duals on my 521...I was thinking that on each side of the liscence plate would be the best...nice and high.

I have a problem with the angled down tip I have right now, it pukes black watery deposits onto the driveway during the cold mornings while I am warming it up.

Now I know that the choke could use a little adjustment, I know that it runs rich since I live a mile above the rest of you and the air up here really isnt air at all, but some cheap substitute.

Having said all that (and bracing for the heckling:rolleyes:)

I think that straight out tips, or less of an angle would be good.

O.K...why has no one else said this yet...:blink:

WE NEED PICTURES!!!!:D

I would love to do duals on my 521...I was thinking that on each side of the liscence plate would be the best...nice and high.

I have a problem with the angled down tip I have right now, it pukes black watery deposits onto the driveway during the cold mornings while I am warming it up.

Now I know that the choke could use a little adjustment, I know that it runs rich since I live a mile above the rest of you and the air up here really isnt air at all, but some cheap substitute.

Having said all that (and bracing for the heckling:rolleyes:)

I think that straight out tips, or less of an angle would be good.

I liked the idea of dual outs until I had it with a blowblaster:D I dont like mega loud anymore. the flowmaster is kinda like a cherry bomb but quiet when it idles. More like running the tailpipe through a metal garbage. Turns out all flowmaster style are the same internally for all sizes up to 3" they just have different end pipes. When I get a chance I will snap some pics of the tucked away 2 1/4". I routed it so I can pull the tranny when this 4 speed dies.

I liked the idea of dual outs until I had it with a blowblaster:D I dont like mega loud anymore. the flowmaster is kinda like a cherry bomb but quiet when it idles. More like running the tailpipe through a metal garbage. Turns out all flowmaster style are the same internally for all sizes up to 3" they just have different end pipes. When I get a chance I will snap some pics of the tucked away 2 1/4". I routed it so I can pull the tranny when this 4 speed dies.
weres the pics at or do i have to come to your house lay in the street and look under your truck better not be rainin hahaha
weres the pics at or do i have to come to your house lay in the street and look under your truck better not be rainin hahaha

Yeah. You gotta get under it to see. While your down there lower it about another 3" please!!!

Edited by datsunfish

When I had my 720 the plan was to run twin 1 1/4" pipes off the manifold, L18 dual outlet, to about half way along the trans, then into a single 2" pipe with a large muffler just ahead of the axle. Then over the axle into a large resonator with a downturned tip so it exited just before the chassis rail ended, the rear section was going to run as high as possible remembering my truck had a flat bed. The aim was keep the noise freindlyish, and help the low-mid range torque. The exhuast guy tried a full dual system on his 620 KC using the same manifold on a L20B with twin 45 Dellortos, 2" pipes and a single muffler with the exhuast dumping infront of the LHR wheel. Apparently it was so noisy his wife could hear him coming 10 minutes before he got home.