got the L28et mocked up

Skib

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What intake manifold is that? I found a damn near brand new N-42 in a old ladies garage, her husband used to race Datsuns back in the day, are they worth anything? She told me I could have it, along with a bunch of other stuff Z car stuff.

Did you rebuild it or just clean and paint it?

total rebuild and all the alum. parts have been bead blasted and clear coated' date=' I still have some things to do tho. I just wanted to mock up the outside and remind myself I was accualy making progress lol :D

looks clean.

But... your gonna want to flip that throttle body 180*

lol thats a 240sx 60mm TB, I have to remove that linkage for the cable and put the stuff from my old TB on the other side to use the stock linkage.

mind if i have sex with that motor?

:eek: but i just cleaned it!

Edited by Skib
What intake manifold is that? I found a damn near brand new N-42 in a old ladies garage, her husband used to race Datsuns back in the day, are they worth anything? She told me I could have it, along with a bunch of other stuff Z car stuff.

if its non EGR its worth more, dose she have any race goodies? :D im always looking for stuff (to bad i cant always afford it lol)

Edited by Skib
total rebuild and all the alum. parts have been bead blasted and clear coated, I still have some things to do tho. I just wanted to mock up the outside and remind myself I was accualy making progress lol :D

Can you tell me where you got the rebuild kit and how much, the ZXT I picked up has only 88k but the engine is seized. I don't know how bad, but I would like to know what I'll be out for a rebuild kit.

There isnt a kit persay that you can buy all the parts in one bundle. Iv seperately had to get all the gaskets, main bearings, main seals, rod bolts, rod bearings, piston rings, misc. bolts, head bolts, new oil pump, new water pump, ect. Iv also got some great deals from foums and got most of my parts pretty cheap.

lol thats a 240sx 60mm TB, I have to remove that linkage for the cable and put the stuff from my old TB on the other side to use the stock linkage.

If your inclined to ever clean it up and not have to mess with the TB linkage you can use this mod. 2.jpg

I personally like it WAY more then the stock linkage, even the geometry makes more sense.

I thought about using the cables and that pic looks super clean. Its easier for me to mod it than it is to make the cable set up.

Ya it's definitely easier to just mod then tb. With the cable though you eliminate 2 pivot points having to do with the throttle (Which I like to think improves response and sensibility) and it cleans up the mani as well. Hoke shaved his and welded the tabs but the mani has tapped holes already, could just use L brackets.

To each their own, engine looks good as is. Just throwing it out there.

all I have to do is re thread the shaft and shorten it to get the linkage to work, I threaded it last night and just have to get around to cutting lol.

I thought that bay looked familiar lol. Im not shootin down your suggestion or anything, I love the clean look, the cable is just out of my means right now since I cant weld alum. ect. and the linkage mod is fairly simple

Edited by Skib