Weber

Daniel  Gragg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would confirm that it's a genuine Weber and not a POS Chinese knock off. Where did he get it from? Because a good one is about $300 for the kit with adapter, gaskets and air filter.

A 32/36 is an excellent size, if jetted correctly, which should be close. The Z24 is 148cu.in.. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the info. I just saw the carb for the first time today. Had to go to work before I could authenticate it. When he said new in box I thought he meant a redline box,but it was just in a generic box. It's just the carb and nothing else. Beginning to have second thoughts before buying. I think I would need to buy an air filter kit(40), adapter plate(40), and a throttle adapter (30), and I am sure a few other parts too. That adds up to around 150. 

• Like 2

All the Weber has is the ported vacuum advance for the distributor so the ported vacuum for the EGR isn't there so no EGR which isn't a hardship. The vacuum advance can be also used to signal the canister to purge. If you drive in colder climate in the winter you should modify the stock air cleaner to fit the Weber. This will allow you to keep and use the ATC (air temperature control) in the snorkel. This mixes cold air from in front of the rad with hot air warmed by the exhaust manifold. The air filter has a sensor that controls the vacuum operated motor in the snorkel and regulates the air entering the engine to around 100F. At -10F the engine thinks it's a summer day and drives like it. This also prevents carburetor icing at near freezing.

• Like 1