Quick way to check 510 windshield washer motor?

rosso

I am just trying to do little things that eventually will need getting done for the VG33 swap daily driver wagon.

Can I test the windshield washer motor by connecting the two wires to a battery positive and negative?

Blue/Red wire and Black/yellow wire comes out of ww motor. These get connections in various ways to the wiper motor, the wiper switch and the fuse box.

So should the ww motor run with a 12v connection to the battery?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue/Red stripe is 12v power.

Black is ground.

Grounding the Blue/White will give you high speed .... which is good enough for a test. However the wiper will stop where ever it is when you disconnect the ground. To park the blades at the bottom of the windshield, connect the Blue wire to the Blue/Yellow and hold till the motor stops. Then disconnect the 12v`

Thanks Dmike - I have the washer bottle with pump off the car (to clean) - so if I connect just the washer pump motor blue/red to battery + terminal and black wire to battery negative, then the pump motor should run. No other connections to car - just to test the pump motor.

Have not disassembled the wiper arms and pivots and motor for cleaning and derusting and painting - that's a bigger project than the 5-10 minutes I can squeeze out of day for car stuff this month. But the time will come when I need to test that motor as you suggest.

Keeping in mind that any test I do has to be done considering there is no motor in the car (picture below) and the wiring harness is disconnected from just about everything except the horns (which do work).

46377248641_9ae3361487_o.jpg

Cheers

Connected leads to the battery and got nothing - bupkis - zilch - nada.

Is there a replacement motor? The rubber mounting isolator is rock hard too - not sure I can get it off or the motor out without demolishing the rubber.

Aftermarket 240Z motors look like a match, even with the correct color wires and connectors. Any BTDT adaptations to the 510?