1968 Datsun Roadster

I figured I'd post up here about it as its ratty and wont be a full restore job, I'm keeping a log on the 311s.org as well.

My current plan is just cleaning the car up a bit, killing rust and repairing the body, replacing the missing parts, upgrading the brakes, and adding better lighting.. Looking at replacing the front fenders with fiberglass, as they are the only spot with damage that isn't rust.

The 1600 motor in it turns over and also has a spark, I'll be installing the carbs later, my plans for it are unsure as the KA24 is a nice motor.. but I'm also considering supercharging the R16 and just having fun with the original motor for now as it looks like it was a fresh rebuild.

She looks a lot worse then she is in these pictures, this is the day I got her home.

100_0401.JPG

100_0400.JPG

100_0397.JPG

Here are the pictures from the ad I saw it on.

http://fox.vip.warped.com/img/311/CLad/

Edited by FoxyRoadster
added images
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, you gotta start somewhere! If you are on the hunt for parts~> You should definitely send a PM to Rubberman or check out this thread Parting out 68 Roadster

Already talking to him on that, planning on buying everything I need from him.

~*Update on the work*~

I got the interior clean finally on the car, I pulled more dirt out of the car then anything else.... I wonder if they was using it as a flowerbed or something. Managed to find a rat nest in the drivers side floorboard, rats included, fortunately no longer occupied by the living though.

Sandblasted the hood a bit, its paint is the worst on the whole car next to the passenger side floor pan, which needs replaced. I found a few holes on the drivers side but nothing that I can't patch with a wire welder.

Spent the best 22$ I could on the car a two weeks ago and got a car tarp. I pulled the vinyl off the old top and installed the frame onto my car placing the new cover on her.

I'm glad I looked at the car carefully and decided to start a frame up restore... The body bolts are AWOL from the car, which is scary considering when I first got the car I was planning to just fix the minor stuff and drive it.

I'm looking at colors to paint the car, unsure of a finally color yet.

Kinda debating on replacing the whole stock wiring harness with a new harness or not on the car. I'll be rewiring the engine harness, rear and front lighting, and adding in new stereo wiring, just figure upgrading to new fuse style and also the fact it will be new wire.

The body is ready to be lifted from the frame, my POR15 is here and will be coating both the body and frame in it.

• 4 weeks later...

updated my host, I now own the domain name foxyroadster.com

My new images are at http://www.foxyroadster.com/img

Well my camera died before I got pictures of the rest of the car.. here are the spots with the rust.. Since the weather has been rather chilly out I've held off on any work.

4.JPG

This is about the worst it gets on the car, the only other spot is here.

normal_1.JPG

on the bright side no major rust on the rocker...

normal_2.JPG

I'll keep you all updated, I'm waiting to be able to order my new floorpan first and will be welding up the tiny holes