Datsun roll bar on my 720 need some advice

C10

Hey guys, 

This weekend i'm installing a Datsun roll bar into my 85' Nissan 720. I found it last year off another 720 that was being stripped for parts. Since then, I sanded it down and primed and painted the whole thing and it's just been sitting in my pickup without being bolted down. What I forgot to record was how I took it out. Theres a bump in the wheel well part of the bed where it should mount which makes it uneven. I was wondering if I'm missing a bracket or something. My buddy and I were just going to fabricate one that fits the bump along the wheel well. Strangely I feel like I maybe don't need one. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Roll bar "Datsun Approved"

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like maybe the box you took it out of was bigger than the one you are trying to install it into. Did you take it out of a longbox? Anchoring to the wheel wells in these vehicles is a very bad idea, not enough structure.

• Like 1

Well the arches that come down go to the wheel well, they just don't fit on top of the bump nicely on the wheel well. The straight beams fit fine and can be adjusted, and probably mount to whatever. His was a King Cab like mine, but maybe the year difference is the issue of why it's not lining up right. I'll grab more pics during my lunch break. 

This is exactly what I have after some searching, but i'll still grab more pics.

2059805510?profile=original

• Like 1

Ah, yeah it's a light bar. I thought maybe I was missing something to make it more solid. Oh well, guess it will live as a glorified light bar and antenna holder.

Thanks everyone!

• Like 2