E.C.C Control Unit - correct behavior - inspection lamp

spddm0n

I'm doing some carb/fuel mixture diagnosis on my 720 and ran into an explanation in the FSM about the behavior of the inspection lamp on the ECC (ECU) under the driver seat when performing this diagnosis.  It says the lamp should light 4 times in 10 seconds, while doing this test.  My light doesn't blink at all, except to light up and stay on then I first tern on the key to ON.  

Does anyone know what the correct behavior is on the inspection lamp, that I could check to ensure the ECC is working correctly?  Does it "store" error codes or the like - like an OBDI ECU?

aWMM1wRh.jpg

hT6deouh.jpg

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike -

I have the Z24(S) carbureted model with the Hitachi carb with electronic feedback.

I’m not sure how to tell if my ECC is working correctly, based on the behavior. I do have the ‘85 FSM, but it doesn't describe the procedure to check it (that I can find), except for the page shown in the images above.

Edited by spddm0n
Clarity
  • Like 1

Hey Mike - 

Thanks for the above reply.  I edited that reply just now, because it didn't make sense.  I didn't realize who had replied, and I included a lot of info that you would have already known, so I was repeating myself. 😉

I didn't know what E.E.C. was an acronym for either.  Ironically, the FSM uses a lot of acronyms, many which are not spelled out in full meaning. 🙂  I find it odd it is considered a Carb Control module.  There are a variety of other switches and sensors that would have nothing to do with the carb (I would think).  Such as...the clutch switch.  Ironically, I did pull out the clutch switch (as it seemed to not be working correctly), and the engine began to stumble.  ??  

I'm still searching for a way to test the ECC.  Perhaps, I'll simply remove it and see if the engine will run.

• Like 1