Lsd for C200?

Datsun720

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

love the setup! Its about time people started putting more manuals in cars, autos are for pussies. lol! Looks like you have some decent fab skill so I would grab the whole pathy rearend and put it under the truck. You will need a new driveshaft as well since the companion flange is larger than your trucks.

To answer your original question, NO they don't fit in the c200's. The pathy rear diff ring gear is over a full inch larger in diameter(9.14") total. The only lsd that fits in your current rear end is one from a 4/87-89 300zx turbo. G/L finding one for under 600bucks. The pathy rear end will cost you maybe 200 bucks for the whole thing from a junkyard. peace.

I think he was asking if the front R-200 LSD will fit his C-200 rear diff. This is IF the R-200 did have them. I'm doubtful of both.

All VG Path and HBs had the H-233 rear, Z24i 4X4 HB and Path did have the C-200 rear ends.

Datsun720, if you can handle a rear end that is 1.5" wider per side, get one from a VG powered Hard Body. They have the H233 diff, 31 spline axles, and a factory LSD in 4.625 and 4.375 ratios. If you swap the axles from a pathfinder you can have rear disc brakes too.

Here's my 4.625 LSD:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/Pathfinder--D-21conversion027Large.jpg[/img]"]Pathfinder--D-21conversion027Large.jpg

Edited by datzenmike

its only 5/8"wider, they don't stick out much at all. peace.

niz, how did you get that 5/8" per side? I measured the Path and got 150cm or 59.1" from the where the rim touches the axle on both sides. The 720 was 143cm or 56.34" (the 720 was an '83 or newer with Z24) Still 2.7" overall difference.

Edited by datzenmike