620 coolant system help.

Justin620datsun

So I was driving home yesterday and my truck blew off a hose. (Little one above the water pump). Luckily I was already in my spot. I shut it off immediately. It doesn't overheat but now my heater isn't pushing hot air out. I topped the coolant off, left the cap off for awhile to get bubbles out but it didnt help. I let it run for a good 15 minutes or so. The temperature stayed where it usually does but I just dont have heat. Any suggestions? Thanks again. If it's not one thing its another with it. 

Edited by Justin620datsun
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The little one above the water pump? Is this the one from the thermostat housing down to the lower rad return? That shouldn't affect the heater.

Check the rad level again.

Look to see if the bottom lever that moves between COLD and HOT is connected to the water valve on the lower passenger side of the heater core. Move the lever back and forth and you should see the valve being opened and closed.

The top sliding lever marked OFF on the left and HEAT on the right opens the air flap to let in cold air from the cowel under the wiper arms. If disconnected no air gets in and there is no air flow through the core.

If the fan working? Blown fuse? Do you have air conditioning?

I checked fused again and the radiator level is good. I didn't realise that little button thing on my heater core that when I push it air comes out of the front two lower vents until I started messing with it. Still no heat yet. Like I said I'm getting air through the vents just not hot anymore.  What should I do to fix it? The truck warms up just fine and it was working fine before it happened.