Sold my Porsche 993/911 C2

Well I sold my 993.  It was a fun 150k miles but the last 8 years it sat uncovered, undriven, and the clear was starting to go on the roof and the quarters.   I got 25k for it which had I of covered it I could have got 15 more but the guy at work who bought it is getting it repainted by a friend of mine that does concourse vintage Ferrari restorations.  Yes I loved that car but when I had the money to repaint it and do the 911 GT conversion (that’s what they later called the gt2 ). I opted for dumping my money into the 510 the wife bought me.  Some of you might think that’s crazy but I am betting in 10 years there will be far fewer 510’s than 993’s on the road and honestly I just think the 510 is cooler although I will admit I’m saving for a hakosuka cause well it’s as cool as the 510 in my book but anyway I wanted to share my sad story cause that 993 I learned to build Porsche’s thanks to the last owner of Autothority Minh Nguyen who passed away and was a great friend and mentor.   I know this isn’t a Porsche place but I found a new passion in cars that had mostly died with him so I thought it was worth mentioning here. Perhaps that’s why I find the 510 cooler than the Porsche but I’m pretty sure he won’t be mad at me! 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic