1985 Nissan 720 Tranny Swap

protekjv

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The auto has an interlock that disconnects the start signal from the starter so it cannot be fired up in gear.  Just connect the Brown and the Blue/Red stripe wires together. The other two wires on the interlock (Yellow/White and Yellow/Red) are for the reverse lamp switch.  Just plug into the reverse light switch just to the rear of the clutch arm dust boot on the 5 speed.

e2YBmCh.jpg

You will need to pry off the automatic plate that covers the end of the crankshaft.

sp15.jpg

The crankshaft will also need a pilot bushing put in. Only >$5 but have to have it.

• Like 1

When you get ready to do this I will trade you, pedal boxes with pedals, emergency brake handle assembly with the kick down switch, gas pedal with the kick down switch tab, the floor shifter with the transmission cover plate and linkage.  For the shifter as you probably will get one with the transmission I will supply you with the clutch master, hard line, hydraulic hose and the slave cylinder with the rod.  I would be interested in buying any of these automatic parts from you if you already have any of the parts mentioned.

Be sure when you get the trans you get the through out bearing arm/fork and the through out bearing.  Install new through out bearing on the through out bearing sleeve.  Get theold clutch with the flyweel in case you need a core for a new one.

Get the fly wheel bolts with the flywheel as they are longer than the automatic flex plate bolts. 

Edited by Charlie69