Seat Belt Assembly? - 1974 Datsun Truck

Seat Belt Assembly? - 1974 Datsun Truck

Need help figuring out how these are supposed to be assembled?

This is how the seatbelts were when I bought the truck. The shoulder belt on both sides is connected to the latch but the belt that's on each end of the seat is disconnected?

Can someone explain or post a picture as to how the unconnected belt is supposed to attach to the latch?

PassengerSideSeatBelt.jpg

DriverSideSeatBelt.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick-rat

the belts that latch together should be your lap belts and the shoulder belt shoud have an attachment that hooks into the rounded slotted male end of the lap belts. changed mine out for set up with auto retracting shoulder belt

Thanks.

Looks like someone in the past removed the attachment off the shoulder belt and then threaded it onto the lap belt component making the normal outer lap belts useless.

There's a single 1975 Datsun Truck in our local wrecking yard, I'll see if the attachment is still on the end of the shoulder belts. I inspected the belt material on the driver's side of the one in the wrecking yard and it was all worn and frayed but hopefully the attachment is still on it.

Did you get your retractable belts out of a late model Datsun or Nissan truck?

:)

The '75 belts are slightly different from the '74 ('72-74 were the same).

Better, just find a '76-79 and take the entire assembly (both parts). They're retractable with the shoulder part integrated like normal modern belts, and they will fit a '74 with only a little weirdness (the lower outer mount is in a slightly different location). I've done it with my '74.