I.D. This Steering Wheel

I rescued this from a Series One 240z part out.

In the original picture of it that the seller snapped, I mistakenly identified it as a 1600 Bluebird SSS steering wheel.

Up close though the rim is not that plastic imitation wood, it is foam rubber like a 74-78 s-30 ZCAR.

I think it might be Nissan as it utilizes a 240z horn button mechanism.

Anyone have any ideas? 

Someone on another forum says it looks like a Nardi, but I am not completely sold on that.

IMG_6853.jpgIMG_6854.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the early 240Z car used three squarish holes on all three spokes and rim was faux wood. Horn button said DATSUN  later were just Z. Nissan would not have put JAPAN sticker on them but after market would.

• Like 1

Yeah a guy on another website said Izumi too.

Here is what I passed on to him;

I have owned an Izumi steering wheel before and it was foam rubber like the one I have now.

The thing is the positvely identified Izumi foam rubber was much higher quality than the foam rubber which is on the wheel I have currently.

There was no deterioration whatsoever to the denser Izumi foam and it remained attached to the substructure even with a few elapsed decades.

The foam rubber on the one I have now looks and feels one  exactly like a stock 260z or 280z steering wheel.

The foam is not that dense and has come detached from the substructure at the top of the wheel  as a result of sun exposure.

I will not rule out Izumi though as the shape and description are very close.

• Like 1