Short Tail 620 4spd

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have a cheap (for a dogleg) 5 speed, which is a bolt in swap for a short 4 speed, available for $100 next week. It works fine. It has a bearing that makes a little noise. Easily replaced while it is out.

Well, here is what is going on with mine. I was driving this weekend to Sherridan, (took my girls horseback riding), and noticed a sudden strong burning oil smell, then it went away. I checked evrything over and oil level looked fine and no obvious reason for the smell. After I arrived at our destination I noticed a large black puddle under the truck and it was coming from between the bellhousing and the motor.

The oil in my motor is clean, but this oil was BLACK. I also noticed a whine that was not there before and my speedo started to go nuts?? Any ideas??

I will finally be pulling everything out and then I can separate the motor and tranny to see what I can see. I just need a replacement because I am pretty sure my tranny is shot. :eek:

What about driveshaft length?? I have the short tranny :mad: so that makes things harder. (SIZE DOES MATTER) lol

This is my daily driver and I would love a 5sp, but It is important that I be able to make a quick change without major mods and no parts that I need. Would I be able to just mount that dogleg with my same stuff?? :blink:

Edited by Phlebmaster

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.