Engine tilt

82m

Hey guys,

I have just been able to start working on my 620 again. And I have a bit of a problem. I have mounted an a15 in it replacing the old j15. I have made it into a rear sump by cutting the oil pan, turning it around and welding it back together. But I am still too close to the steering arm. The engine is sitting about level as far as I can tell at the moment. Would there be any problems with raising the front of the engine up so it is tilting back? Not too much obviously, but just to clearance the steering.

Hope this makes sense cheers

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a problem to do that, but you may run into many other small details that need adjusting. The fan inside the shroud is one of those items. Exhaust clearance, stretched heater and radiator hoses, throttle cable fuel lines all should be looked at before moving the engine.

The engine is sitting quite low at the moment. So when I remove the air cleaner to do my twin carb conversion, there should be a bit of hood clearance.

All the plumbing and wiring shouldn't be too much of a hassle to re-make I haven't finished most of it haha. Just making sure it wont adversely affect the engine/gearbox.

The biggest problem I can see is the drive shaft angles. But I was thinking that I could raise the transmission mount and also the hanger bearing, to keep everything on the same level. The truck is lowered so that may be a good thing?

Cheers for the fast replies