Sensor light on?

RasselFlassel13

Ok there probably aready a thread on this but I can't find it. I just got my second 720. My first 4x4 and efi. When I got it had two wires unplugged under the left side of dash I plugged them back in as the break lights weren't working. Didn't fix it so I had to rewire as a rat ate one of the wires. I started my truck and the sensor light came on and was running real bad. So I unplugged then and it when away. My question is it the o2 sensor dat has gonna bad

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found it. It reminds you to check or service your O2 sensor. Without it, the ECU goes into 'limp home' mode or open loop. To prevent engine damage from a too lean mixture, it is purposely forced into a somewhat rich condition. Engine mileage will plummet without proper O2 control.

OK

Here is what the sensor light means, how it operates and how to 'service' it.

by Mike Cieply:

The sensor light is a maintenance reminder. It is programmed to come on at 50k and 90k, at 60 k you are supposed to check  the 02 sensor and replace if needed, after that, there is a one wire connector (believe the wire is brown) under the cluster (below clock under the dash) you take it apart and swap it to the other one wire connector, it will go off until 90 k, check o2s again and replace if needed, then disconnect the connector entirely and the light will never return ( this is per the Nissan FSM)

My 76 710 a counter like an hour meter (so do similar year cars and trucks) on the pass side that sets off a warning lamp to remind you to clean and service your EGR valve.

Easy fix.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Found it. It reminds you to check or service your O2 sensor. Without it, the ECU goes into 'limp home' mode or open loop. To prevent engine damage from a too lean mixture, it is purposely forced into a somewhat rich condition. Engine mileage will plummet without proper O2 control.

Easy fix.

20161226_172444_zpsnybvkyes.jpg is the green plug the sensor light reset?
  • Like 1