Diff Question?????

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI

Could anyone please tell me if there is a difference between a 720 4x4 and a 720 2x4 rear diff center ,, does the 4x4 have a limited slip rear diff ?

Thanks

What gear ratio are you looking for?

Wow. Nice.

-Would you be willing to pay that??

Absolutely not. The 720 doesn't make enough power to need one.... at least not in this 11 dimension string theory universe. Somewhere else... perhaps. Maybe a third that for a good one if I had a 4x4 and was often mud bogging. OR a VG/V8 swapped 2 door.

About $1,700 from the dealer, but very unlikely you will find one. Best bet is searching wrecking yards for one an hope they don't know or care.

Is there a visual difference or how can you tell if a diff is a lsd?

thanks the diff in question is a open center,BUGGER,,,we have the 2x4 720 that we a restoring and have a 4x4 wreak for parts and it is amazing me that the 2x4 springs and tailshaft ect is so much bigger that the 4x4, I would really have thought it would have been the other way, 

Always learning thanks to you guys :)

All Nissan diffs will (usually) have an orange stamp size sticker on the rear or backside face of the bum. Will say USE LSD OIL ONLY or just LSD. Take a rag to wipe the dirt off, look for late '80s early '90s 4 cylinder 2wd Hardbodys.... and good luck.

Pathfinder--D-21conversion034Large.jpg

• Like 1

The 4x4 spring pack is flatter but significantly stiffer than the 2wd.

The 4x4 springs are a perfect drop spring for that 2wd. Usually nets between 2 and 3 inches of drop. If whoever you are doing the work wants it lowered.

• Like 1